This is a guide to the development of your own
personal portfolio. A portfolio is a
collection of work which best represents YOU! Your portfolio will be
developed during the course of this school year and the coming years.
This guide contains objectives (goals) which
you will be expected to work towards during this school year. This
is by no means a complete list. We encourage you to develop your own
objectives (goals) and products.
POSSIBLE OBJECTIVES (GOALS)
1. To develop and implement a
community service project which involves the entire class.
2. To develop and implement a
school service project which involves from 4 to 6 students.
3. To develop and implement an
individual mentorship program.
4. To express one's feelings
via a communications medium of choice.
5. To express one's feelings
about your parents via a medium of choice.
6. To express one's feelings, opinions, and ideas with a group of ten
or more students.
7. To develop an understanding
and acceptance of individual differences.
8. To develop an understanding
and acceptance of cultural differences.
9. To listen to and validate
different points of views.
10. To demonstrate the problem-solving process.
11. To demonstrate the ability to put complete trust in other
12. To demonstrate honesty.
13. To demonstrate the ability to use a word processing
14. To demonstrate the ability to write and send a business letter.
15. To demonstrate the ability to conduct a business call.
16. To develop and complete a family project.
17. To develop and complete a project with a team of two individuals.
18. To demonstrate money management skills.
19. To develop and display a respect for adults holding differences of
20. To unveil one new understanding of one's self.
21. To demonstrate personal organizational skills.
22. To identify and accept differences among people.
23. To identify your individual values and beliefs.
24. To demonstrate an understanding of positive and negative peer
25. To create a display using one or more art mediums.
26. To demonstrate an
understanding of three or more styles of musical expression.
27. To demonstrate leadership skills.