Map grids show the location of places and things on a map. Map
grids use letters and numbers to show location. A map will have
letters and numbers on the sides of the map. The location of E5 is
found by locating the letter E on one of the sides of the map and then
locating the number 5 on the other side of the map. Follow a
straight line to the center of the map for both the letter and the number.
Look at the example below.
Use the map below to locate places and things on the map.
1. What city is located at B2?
2. What city is located at R1?
3. What city is located at P10?
4. What city is located at T14?
5. What city is located at I6?
6. What city is located at C8?
7. What city is located at N7?
8. What city is located at G12?
9. What city is located at M12?
10. What city is located at K3?
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2022 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."