Maps help us tell distance between cities.
Distance means "how far." We use distance to determine how far
something is from something else. Maps show distance in miles and
kilometers. The numbers in the map below show the number of miles
between the cities. Use the map below to the determine the
distance between two cities.
Orange Numbers are Miles.
1. Distance means
2. How far is it from Verona to
3. How far is Edgar from Harrisville?
4. How far is Leon from Good Hope?
5. How far is Morristown from San
6. How far is it from San Jose to
7. How far is it from Morristown to
8. According to the map Lexington is
____ miles from Leon.
9. If you lived in Harrisville, what
city is closer to your home?
10. How many miles would you travel
if you went from Verona to Harrisville to Morristown and back to Verona?
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2022 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."