1. Why had Jonathan Frisby not told his
wife about his experience at Nimh?
He would stay young
because of the injections, and Mrs. Frisby would grow older and older.
was afraid she wouldn't have married him.
He didn't want her to
find out he was smarter than she was.
Frisby pours the powder into Dragon's dish, runs toward the
cabinet, and ....
crawls through the hole in the kitchen wall.
suddenly captured under a colander by Billy Fitzgibbon.
is swatted with a
piece of newspaper by Mr. Fitzgibbon.
3. What does the reader learn in the chapter
entitled "Seven Dead Rats?"
Fitzgibbon has killed seven rats in his tool shed.
seven rats had been electrocuted at the local hardware store.
That seven rats had
killed by Dragon.
4. Why does Paul Fitzgibbon believe the Public
Health Service is coming to investigate the deaths of the rats?
they know they are the rats that escaped from Nimh.
thinks they believe the rats have rabies.
He thinks they want to
put it in the newspaper.
5. What does Mrs. Frisby hear Paul say that alarms
to keep her as a pet forever.
He wants to
exterminate the rats himself.
He knows rats live
under the rosebush.
6. Who believes the men are looking
for the escaped rats from Nimh, rather than for rats with rabies?
7. Who comes to help Mrs. Frisby escape from the
8. What news does Mrs. Frisby share with Justin?
him that Timothy is feeling better.
tells him she loves him.
She tells him that
exterminators are coming to poison all of the rats.
9. Who was blocking the door to Mrs. Frisby's
cinder block home, and not allowing the rats to move it?
10. What does Mrs. Frisby realize as she wakes up
in the comfort of her warm and safe house?
to warn the rats that they are in terrible danger.
realizes she will be hunted down and put back in the birdcage.
She realizes Timothy
has died during the move.
11. Why does Nicodemus believe Mrs. Frisby has
repaid the rats for moving her house?
save them from a disaster.
invited them to live with her and her children.
She put the sleeping
potion into Dragon's food.
12. Who does Nicodemus realize the rats killed at
the hardware store were?
from the laboratory
and those who left with him
rats from the
13. What were the headlines in the local
Rats Invade Harware Store"
Rats Invade Hardware Store"
Invade Hardware Store"
14. Mrs. Frisby watched the masked men from the
white truck put a flexible hose into the center of the rat hole.
What did she she them put over the escape hole?
another hose leading
back into the truck
15. How many rats does the doctor leave the
Fitzgibbon farm with?
live rats in the cage
two dead rats
16. Who was with Brutus when Mrs. Frisby
with an antidote for the poison.
with six other rats.
17. Why did Mrs. Frisby think it was right to
tell her children about the escape from Nimh and her own escape from
thought it would be a good bedtime story.
could possibly be very different from other mice because they were the
children of Jonathan Frisby.
She didn't want them
to find it out from somebody else.
18. Who do the children believe could help Mrs.
Frisby find the rats in Thorn Valley?
Jeremy, the crow
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2020 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."