1. Justin explained to Mrs. Frisby that they
had electricity for five years. Where did the rats get the light bulbs
They found them on
discarded Christmas trees.
got them from the electric company.
They took them from
does Mrs. Frisby enter when she experiences the feeling of falling?
She enters a basket.
gets into an elevator.
She gets into a closet.
3. Which of the following descriptions best
describes the rat Nichodemus?
He has a
scare on his face, and wears a black patch over his left eye.
is old, bent, and walks with a cane.
He is very large and
4. As Mrs. Frisby enters the library who does she
recall taught her and the children to read?
the wise owl
5. What message does Mrs. Frisby read that is
written on the blackboard?
TO SAVE TIMOTHY
THE PLAN TO KILL MR.
THE PLAN OF THE RATS
6. What is the name of the girl rat Mrs. Frisby
meets in the libray?
7. Nichodemus explains to Mrs. Frisby that a
farmer plows around a large rock and leaves a shape of what kind?
8. What do the rats do to Dragon so he does
not bother them?
sleeping powder in his food.
Jeremy, the crow
9. What does Mrs. Frisby learn at the end of the
chapter entitled "A Powder for Dragon?"
out that the rats cannot move her house.
finds out how Mr. Frisby died.
She finds out that Mr.
Fitzgibbon will begin plowing tomorrow.
10. Mrs. Frisby recognizes a radio in Nichodemus'
office. She remembers Mr. Frisby once telling her about
music. However, she learns Nicodemus does not use the radio for
music, but rather
as an alarm.
as a clock.
11. What character in the story begins to tell
Mrs. Frisby the story of NIMH?
the white mouse
12. What does Nichodemus see the letters NIMH
printed on in the marketplace?
square-shaped, white truck
tattered piece of paper
a box filled with
13. As the chapter "The Marketplace"
ends, what does the reader learn?
The rats had a
great feast at the marketplace.
Nichodemus and three
other rats are captured in a net.
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2022 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."