1. As the chapter "The Owl" begins,
the author says Mrs. Frisby's heart was pounding in her ears.
What point is the author trying to get across to the reader?
Mr. Frisby was hearing
Frisby is very nervous about her trip to the dark and unknown forest.
Mr. Frisby is having a
does Mrs. Frisby not tell her children the entire truth about Moving
Day, Mr. Fitzgibbon, and the tractor?
She was a
enjoyed keeping the truth from others.
She did not want them
3. Why was Jeremy able to soar during part of
their trip to the forest?
caught an updraft, a current of warm air.
had gathered enough speed during the takeoff.
He was moving at a
very high speed.
4. The author uses a "simile" when
explaining the river? To what is the river compared? The
river looked like....
green, garden hose.
wide, blue-green, fearsome snake.
A blue-green shoelace.
5. Why was the owl willing to listen to Mrs.
She was a
mouse and he was planning on eating her.
She was a lady.
She had saved a bird
from the cat.
6. How was the owl able to identify which garden
Mrs. Frisby was talking about?
had explained it to him earlier.
He knew Mr. Fitzgibbon
He knew it had a large
7. When did an extraordinary change occur in the
When Mrs. Frisby
finally left his home.
When Mrs. Frisby told
him her name.
When Mrs. Frisby told
him he was of no help to her.
8. Who does the owl suggest Mrs. Frisby go
see to help her solve the problem of moving?
Jeremy, the crow
9. The owl tells Mrs. Frisby to see Justin and
Nicodemus and to tell them
to move the
stone to the left.
to move the house into
the lee of the stone.
10. Which of the following best defines the word
or side facing the south.
part or side away from the wind.
The part or side
facing into the setting sun.
11. What is the sign Timothy is aware of that
indicates to him the Moving Day is near?
a warm, wet, smell in the air.
notices his mother is very nervous.
He notices his
brothers and sisters packing their things.
12. Mrs. Frisby knew that no one prowled in the
rats domain. Which of the following best defines the word
13. Where is the entryway to the rats tunnel
In the tractor shed.
14. What is the name of the first rat Mrs. Frisby
meets as she enters the tunnel and entranceway?
15. Whom does Mrs. Frisby meet while walking down
the dark path out of the tunnel?
the white mouse
Timothy, her son
16. What did Mrs. Frisby have to promise in order
to see Nicodemus?
She had to
promise to help Mr. Ages bandage his injured leg.
had to promise to keep everything she knows about the rats secret.
She had to promise to
help the owl find a new home.
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2020 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."