1. As the chapter entitled "Mr.
Fitzgibbon's Plow" begins, Mrs. Frisby wished Mr. Frisby was
still alive? What is the reason for this?
Mr. Frisby would watch
the children while Mrs. Frisby brought Timothy to see Mr. Ages.
Frisby would take Timothy to see Mr. Ages.
Mr. Frisby would
reassure the children that everything would be alright.
caring for Timothy indoors, Mrs. Frisby realized that when she went
outdoors March had arrived. Which of the following statements
is said about the month of March?
comes in like a lion.
goes out like a lamb.
February showers bring
3. What is the nagging worry that is occupying
Mrs. Frisby's thoughts?
Frisby is worried about Moving Day.
is worried about Timothy's health.
She is worried about
4. What is the sign that the farmer's plow will
The frost is
out of the ground.
The leaves appear on
5. What character does Mrs. Frisby meet in this
chapter? The author describes the character as unpopular, having
a large appetite and a short temper.
6. Which of the following statements does Mrs.
Frisby remember her husband saying?
doors are hard to unlock until you have the key.
The early bird catches
A penny saved, is a
7. What is the frightening sound Mrs. Frisby
hears at the end of Chapter Four?
hears Timothy coughing.
She hears the geese
She hears the sound of
Mr. Fitzgibbon starting the tractor.
8. The author introduces the reader to two
new characters in the chapter "Five Days." Who are
Billy, Mr. Fitzgibbon's sons.
Mr. Martin Henderson
9. What creatures did Mrs. Frisby observe
marching along with a piece of heavy black electric cable?
10. This chapter is titled "Five Days"
will arrive in five days.
ground will be dry enough to plow in five days.
There is only enough
medicine left for five days.
11. Mrs. Frisby notices the breeze carries the
moist essence of spring? Which of the following best defines the
12. The author Robert C. O'Brien characterizes
Jeremy the crow as, "not very bright." Which of the
following actions by Jeremy confirms this statement to be true?
recognize Mrs. Frisby.
took him thirty seconds to think as long as he could.
He's picking up foil
with his beak.
13. Who is Jeremy going to bring Mrs. Frisby to
see in the forest?
14. A bird or animal that hunts at night and
sleeps during the day is
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2022 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."