1. What is meant by the following comparison used
by the author when explaining a shrew? A shrew is a tiny creature
scarcely bigger than a peanut, but with wit as sharp as its teeth.
2. Create a Venn diagram comparing and
contrasting a mouse and a shrew.
3. Explain why you believe Mrs. Frisby was not
killed by Dragon the cat as she passed by him.
4. Mrs. Frisby observes a group of rats marching
along as if they were soldiers. This is a simile
because a comparison is being made using the word like or as.
Develop eight sentences using similes.
5. Why do you think owls are characterized as
being "wise" birds?