1. Do you agree or disagree with Cassie's plan
to "get even" with Lillian Jean? Explain and give
2. You are reading about examples of racial bias
against the Logans and the other blacks in 1933. Give five other
examples and explain each.
3. Cotton was a very important crop of the
southern United States at the time this story takes place.
Research cotton and include five important things about it.
4. Lillian Jean acts like a bully toward
Cassie. Give examples of situations where you have seen someone
bully another individual.
5. If you could request that your teacher teach
something that is not in the curriculum what would you like to learn
about and why?