1. Explain how fabric is dyed using plants as a
natural means to dye fabric.
2. Mary Alice now realizes NASA was responsible
for the order to burn the special fabric. She however feels terrible
because she doubted her father. Think of a time that you doubted
someone very close to you, and explain how you felt.
3. On page 171 the Mayor and Lamberty are compared
to reeds. (They are still small enough to bend.) Explain what
is meant by this comparison.
4. Which person in this story are you most
like? Describe the ways in which you are like that person.
5. What do you feel was the most important event
in the story? Why?