1. You are introduced to Mary
Alice Lamberty in Chapter 1. Who is her father?
wealthiest man in Saddleboro
the editor of the
2. Who is Tony keeping notes for?
of the newspaper
his older brother
3. Who was the answer to the Clean Environment
4. Tony decides to share Izzy's thesis with the
mayor. What is a thesis?
a research paper
5. Which of the following businesses is
Saddleboro's main source of income?
6. The female robin was about to brood her
eggs. Which of the following best defines the word brood?
sit on and hatch eggs
7. Why is a marsh hawk important to the ecology?
It is the
It takes the sick
animals and leaves the well ones.
8. The mayor loves the robin because it is a
harbinger of spring. Which of the following best defines the
9. As Chapter 1 ends who insists that Tony find
out who killed Cock Robin?
10. As Chapter 2 begins an expert on conservation
states that Cock Robin died due to the detergents being dumped into
the Missatonic River? Which of the following statements is true?
this is correct.
knows this is incorrect.
Tony doesn't care who
killed Cock Robin.
11. What kind of kit did Tony find in Izzy's room
that will help him determine who or what killed Cock Robin?
12. Which of the following best describes the
a great amount
13. Who gave Tony permission to investigate
whatever was in the river?
14. As Chapter 2 comes to a close, what does Tony
wrap in waxed paper and put in the refrigerator?
his chemicals used for
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2019 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."