1. Mrs. Hunt was flummoxed by
the situation. Which of the following best defines the word flummoxed?
2. Omri felt he and Patrick's friendship
trembling on the edge of destruction. Which of the following
best describes this sentence?
friendship was getting stronger by the minute.
friendship was close to being destroyed.
Their friendship was
in minor trouble.
3. What reason did Omri give Patrick for not
giving him back the cowboy and the Indian?
not safe with him because he uses them.
were uncomfortable in his pocket.
His parents would be
was going to give them away.
4. What promise was Little Bear going to hold
get him a horse.
would get him a new friend.
Omri would get him a
would never give him to Patrick again.
5. The teacher said that Omri's drawing was not
small, it was infinitesimal. Which of the following definitions
best defines infinitesimal?
as a cartoon drawing
immeasurable or incalculably
6. What trouble did Omri have with Mr. Yapp?
saw Omri tipped over a display in the store.
Yapp thought Omri was being rude.
Mr. Yapp said Omri did
not give him enough money.
Yapp thought Omri stole from him.
7. Who defended Omri against Mr. Yapp's threat?
8. Omri's brother Adiel had a sheepish look on
his face. Which of the following best defines the word sheepish?
9. When Omri discovers the key missing, he
realizes he needs to clean up things systematically. Which of
the following best defines the word systematically?
the help of others
over a period of days
done in a careless way
in an orderly or organized way
10. Why didn't Omri get the First World War
soldier to help with Boone's injury?
going to die anyway.
cupboard was missing.
The key was lost and
the magic was gone.
11. Why were Omri and Patrick afraid to go to
wanted to watch TV.
thought they could look for the key.
They thought Boone
were afraid of the dark.
12. Little Bear was a tiny and vulnerable
creature as he searched for the key under the floor. Which of
the following best defines the word vulnerable?
being harmed or injured
of causing harm or injury
13. The boys knew the omnivorous giant rat might
eat Little Bear. Which of the following best defines the word
plant and meat eating
14. Why did they desperately need the key?
could put Boone back into the cupboard and make him plastic.
they could make the plastic medical orderly come to life to save
So they could put
Little Bear in the cupboard and punish him.
15. How does Omri bring Boone and Little Bear
back together again at the end of Chapter 15?
Little Bear that he will give him to Patrick if he does not cooperate.
tells Little Bear they must be friends or he will turn him back into
He tells Little Bear
he must sing a cowboy song to Boone.
tells Little Bear that he and Boone must become blood brothers.
16. What serious decision must Omri make?
not to bring Little Bear's woman to life and be responsible for three
or not to tell him family about Little Bear and Boone.
If he should give
Little Bear and Boone to Patrick.
17. Patrick thought the beautiful Indian girl
looked bewildered. What definition below best defines the word
frightened or scared
18. Patrick put the Indian, the girl, and the
horse on the shelf. What "real" thing did he lay
the beaded belt
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2019 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."