1. Little Bear began to advance
on the prostrate cowboy. Which of the following best defines
the word prostrate?
aiming with bow and
2. What does Omri compare his room to?
a indoor desert
an indoor national
3. What did Omri threaten to do to Little Bear if
he insisted on shooting arrows?
put him inside the
give him to his
him back into a plastic Indian
4. The title of Chapter 10 is Breakfast
Truce. What is a truce?
of an Indian tribe
temporary agreement to stop a war or disagreement
5. What kind of cook is Omri?
6. Prejudice is defined as an opinion held in
disregard of facts that contradict it. What comment does Boone
make that shows prejudice toward all Indians?
have red skin.
scalped the white men.
Injuns are unkind.
are ornery, savage and dirty.
7. Which character did not like to wash?
8. When Omri arrived at school he was filled with
apprehension. More apprehension than on spelling-test
days? Which of the following best defines the word
anticipate with anxiety
butterflies in his
9. A transaction occurred between Omri and Patrick
at school. What is a transaction?
act of threatening each other
the act or process of
carrying out or conducting (business or affairs)
11. Omri and Patrick knew they would get in
trouble for taunting or fighting. What is taunting?
or jeering remark
12. What unusual request was made by Little Bear
at the end of Chapter 11?
to scalp Omri.
wanted to go to school with Patrick.
He wanted to be by
wanted to live in a teepee.
13. Little Bear and Boone were both gesticulating
with their arms while inside Omri's pocket. What is the
definition of gesticulating?
gestures, especially when speaking
using sign language
14. Omri groped in his picket and took out two
little men. What does grope mean?
reaching deep down
reach about uncertainly
15. What is the headmaster of a school
called in an American school?
16. Patrick giggled when he and Omri were in the
headmaster's office because
headmaster said that Omri looked like someone had stuck a knife into
Little Bear was
sitting on the headmaster's lap.
Little Bear and Boone
were fighting on the headmaster's desk.
was laughing at him.
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2020 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."