2. Which of the following birthday gifts was
wrapped untidily in brown paper and string?
small white metal
3. Anyone would have expected him to
laugh at this absurd threat from a tiny creature scarcely bigger than
his finger, armed with only a pinpoint." Using context clues,
what is the meaning of the word absurd?
a very small
contrary to common
4. The title of Chapter 2 is "The Door is
Shut." What door do you suppose this is?
the bedroom door
5. What did the Indian think was great magic?
6. What Indian tribe did Little Bear belong to?
7. Omni heard a cry of astonishment and fear and
found the Indian gazing at him with something more than respect-a sort
of awe. Which of the following best describes the word
an emotion of
fear and suspicion
an emotion of mingled
8. What did the Indian demand for a better life?
food and a home
9. Things were strewn about the bedroom making it
difficult to find what he needed. Which of the following best
describes the word "strewn?"
spread here and there: scatter
to take apart
10. The Indian grabbed the bread and little crumb
of cheese and began to tear at them ravenously. Which of the
following best describes the word "ravenously?"
11. Omri had not figured out the power of the
cupboard and the key. What experiment did he try?
He put the
teepee and a Matchbox card inside and locked it with his
put the Indian back in with many other plastic Indians and locked it
with a key.
He put all his plastic
toy soldiers inside and locked it with his great-grandmother's key.
12. The Indian folded his arms uncompromisingly
across his chest. Which of the following best describes the word
13. How did the Indian show he was superstitious?
believed in magic and good and evil spirits.
believed Omri had a wife.
He believed he could
drive the Matchbox car.
14. Why didn't Omri make all of the horses come
had one that was the right size for the Indian.
didn't think the cupboard could change all of them into real horses.
He didn't want herds
of horses in his bedroom.
15. Why did Omri admire the Indian as he galloped
outdoors high upon his horse?
riding along with him on his bike.
was able to see things from the Indian's point of view and realized how
much courage he had to face many dangers.
He was glad he was out
of his bedroom.
16. In Chapter 4 what does Omri promise to find
for Little Bear?
17. How does Little Bear get hurt in Chapter 4?
neighbor's cat bites him.
horse kicks him while he is inside the carton.
steps on him.
18. What does Omri throw into the cupboard at the
end of Chapter 4?
Indian wife for Little Bear
First World War soldier
All of his plastic
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2019 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."