1. What do you think Little Bear's thoughts were
when he was transported through time to find himself in a giant's
2. Conflict is when there are two or more things
you want to do and you can't do them both. Think of a time in your
life when you had a conflict and write about it.
3. Explain the following quotation from Chapter
3. "Not only was his Indian no mere toy come to life, he was
a real person, somehow magically out of the past of over two hundred
4. While doing research on the Iroquois, Omri
learns about the practice of scalping? Explain your feeling about
5. Little Bear did not live in a teepee, but
rather a long house. Research and draw a detailed long
house. Use factual information to create a realistic illustration.
6. Write a story of a girl and a magic
cupboard. What kind of a toy would she put into the
cupboard? What might happen to the girl and to the toy?