1. Why did Maniac finally quit crossing the
bridge over the Schuylkill?
tired of it.
where his parents were killed.
The Beales lived on
the other side of the bridge.
2. What is Maniac waiting for as he spends
time in the log-and-mortar cabins at Valley Forge?
waiting to die.
waiting for winter to end.
He is waiting for the
Beales to come and get him.
3. Maniac is invited to the McNab's house.
He realizes that what he thinks are raisins on the floor are really what?
4. How was Maniac able to get Russell and Piper
McNab to go to school?
them a pizza.
He told them he would
do their homework.
5. What happened when Maniac knocked upon the
door of Finsterwald's house?
sucked into a black hole.
He was finsterwallied
on the spot.
The door opened.
6. What was the most perilous challenge the
McNabs gave Maniac?
dared him to go into the East End.
They dared him to kiss
They dared him to walk
through the rat-infested dump..
7. The author refers to April's orphans in
Chapter 38? Who or what is he referring
black kids who live in the East End.
Children like Maniac
who have no homes.
8. Who is going to race on Plum Street, a long
and level block between Ash and Jackson Streets?
and Hands Down
Maniac and McNab
Maniac and Mars Bar
9. How had Maniac beaten his opponent?
He didn't beat
him. He lost the race.
10. The author says that Maniac is pure July on
the inside. What is the meaning of this phrase?
has a bad fever.
He feels warm and
sunny inside, just like the month of July.
His stomach is upset.
11. What are the McNabs preparing for?
believe the blacks will revolt and take over the city.
They believe a tornado
They think their home
is going to be condemned by the city.
12. Why did Maniac take the McNab boys to
bought them bubble gum.
He wanted them to
apply for a job.
He made them return
the bubble gums they had stolen.
13. What occurred that forced Maniac to take on
the role of No More Mr. Nice Guy with Russell and Piper McNab?
found them playing with Grayson's glove.
He discovered them
He caught them
14. Who did Maniac bring to Russell and Piper's
Hester and Lester
15. What legendary feat did the Pickwell children
beg Mars to do?
race with Maniac
16. Who rescued Russell from the middle of the
17. Maniac wakes up believing a buffalo is
clamping its teeth on his ear. Who is grabbing his ear?
18. What new name does Amanda give to Mars Bar?
19. Why was Maniac content to allow Amanda to do
the talking and drag him to her house?
was finally going home.
He had a headache and
didn't want to argue with her.
He was sleepwalking.
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2019 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."