1. Who does Amanda believe tore the page
from her book?
2. The reader learns in Chapter 12 where
Maniac has been spending his nights. Which of the following
locations is correct?
the deer shed at the
3. What does Maniac finally have at the end of
new pair of tennis shoes
a good friend
4. Why did Maniac prefer to sleep on the floor
rather than in a bed?
He didn't like
feeling too comfortable.
He didn't know how to
sleep in a bed.
5. What was the reason Hester and Lester began to
take bathes again?
started to smell badly.
They got a new
Maniac took a bath
6. What did Maniac do that made Amanda feel
He did the
dishes without anybody asking him to.
He scrubbed the floor
for Mrs. Beale.
He washed the car.
7. What does the Beale family discover
Maniac is allergic to?
8. Why does Maniac want to be called Jeffrey
inside the Beale house?
name is the only thing he has from his mother and father.
He hates the name
He thinks it is an
easier name to say.
9. The author uses the word unbeknownst in
Chapter 15. Which of the following best defines this word?
in the same room
under a table
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2022 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."