1. What does the Queen share with Mary as soon as
she wakes up?
her she would like bacon and eggs for breakfast.
tells her she would like her to arrange a shopping trip.
She tells her about a
terrible dream she had.
2. How was it discovered that Sophie was sitting
on the Queen's windowsill?
maid pulled the curtains aside.
jumped from behind the curtains into the Queen's bedroom.
The wind blew the
3. The reader finds out in Chapter 19 why the BFG
speaks a bit funny. What is the reason?
never gone to school.
He has a hearing
4. What drink is the BFG served with his
breakfast which he finds filthsome, and suggests everyone drink
5. After realizing that the story told by the BFG
is indeed true, who does the Queen summon to help her?
of the Army and the Head of the Air Force
The King of England
6. Why was the BFG not afraid to travel to Giant
Country in broad daylight?
He had the
Queen of England sitting in his ear.
Giants were all dead.
He was doing it for
the Queen of England.
7. Why was the BFG not afraid to be lowered into
the pit to untie the the giants?
never eat giants.
They were all
8. Who volunteered to give the BFG lessons every
Queen of England
Mary, the maid
9. What is the name of the book written by
Sophie and the Queen
10. The BFG used someone else's name instead of
his own because he was a very modest giant. What is the meaning
of the word "modest?"
boastful, somewhat shy
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2019 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."