1. At the beginning of Chapter 12 the BFG
explains to Sophie that she is only four years old instead of eight
years old. What is his reasoning for this?
beans are only half as old as Giants.
beans don't know how to count.
Human beans spend half
of their lives sleeping.
2. Sophie thinks the Giants look even more
grotesque sleeping than when they are awake. Using context
clues, what is the meaning of the word "grotesque?"
odd or ugly
foreign and unfamiliar
3. Who is the ONLY human bean all giants are
4. What did the BFG do with the nightmare he had
He let it
He put it on the
shelf with the others.
He released in the
5. The BFG explains to Sophie that he is able to
hear the music dreams make as well as
them, like a language.
sing along with them.
write them down.
6. Which of the following comments does the BFG
ask Sophie to forgive him for?
beans are liars.
believes human beans refuse to believe in anything unless they see it
right in from of them.
Human beans are very
unkind to anything or anyone they do not understand.
7. What example does the BFG give Sophie when
trying to disprove her comment about everything that is alive needs
some sort of food?
trees and plants
the stars in the sky
8. What does the BFG show Sophie explaining that
he has borrowed it from a little boy?
box of crayons
some jars for his
9. Sophie tells the BFG there is the one
human bean who is very kind and will not put him in the zoo. Who
President of the United States
Queen of England
10. The BFG makes the comment, "Never in a month
of Mondays." Which of the following is the correct version of
Never in a
month of Fridays.
in a month of Saturdays.
Never in a month of
11. What example does the BFG use to explain to
Sophie how dreams can be mixed?
be mixed just like mixing a cake.
can be mixed just like mixing pancakes.
They can be mixed just
like mixing paint.
12. What is "The Great Plan?"
will return Sophie to the orphanage.
BFG will break into the castle.
The BFG will mix up a
dream for the Queen of England.
13. Where does Sophie sit as she and the BFG set
off to meet the Queen?
in his pocket.
in the BFG's ear.
She sits in the
14. How did the BFG find which window in the
palace was the window of the Queen?
listened for her breathing.
peaked through the curtains.
The light was on and
he could see her reading in bed.
15. Where did the BFG put Sophie once he found
He set her
on the roof right above the window.
set her on the windowsill.
He put her inside on
16. Where does the BFG tell Sophie he will be
waiting for her while she waits for the Queen to wake?
return to his cave.
will wait in the Queen's garden.
He will wait with her.
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2020 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."