1. How does Leigh feel about never finding out who
the lunchbox thief was?
2. What did Leigh really mean when he asked his
dad, "Did you find another dog to take Bandit's place?"
find another boy to take my place?
you find another lady to take mom's place?
Did you find a better
dog to take Bandit's place?
3. What kind of orange butterflies does Leigh see when
he goes to the grove?
4. Leigh is thinking about writing about
butterflies in prose instead of poetry. What is prose?
It is like
a newspaper article.
is a special kind of poetry called Haiku.
The ordinary language
that people use when they speak or write.
5. What place did Leigh receive on his entry
"A Day on Dad's Rig?
6. Why did Leigh get to have lunch with Angela
Badger the author?
winning poem had been copied out of a book.
complained to the principal.
Mr. Fridley took them
both to a special lunch.
7. Angela Badger calls Leigh something very
special. What is it?
8. What does Leigh notice about his dad when he
surprises him with a visit?
He has a
hung over his belt, and he looked shorter.
He looks older and
9. What did Leigh realize about his dad's visit?
make a special trip to see him. He came to pick up a load of
He made a
special trip to drop Bandit off for him.
He was moving back to
10. What does Leigh's dad mean when he asks
Leigh's mom, "Is there a chance?"
he wants to take Leigh to live with him.
wants to see if they can try to get back together again.
He means he wants to
borrow some money from her.
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2019 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."