2. How did Leigh's mom respond when he asked her
if she still loved his dad?
she never did.
She said, "Please
don't ask me."
3. What is the title of Leigh's first story that
he's trying to write for Young Writers?
Catch a Lunchbag Thief
My Dad is a Truck
4. Mr. Fridley says that Leigh scowls all of the
time. What is the meaning of the word "scowls"?
having a frown
5. Where did Leigh go for a walk on the day he
He went to
see the Butterfly Trees.
He went to the library.
He went to the zoo to
look at the animals.
6. What did Leigh's father tell him to do with
the twenty dollar bill he sent him?
go buy a new dog.
should put it in the bank.
He should go buy an
ice cream cone.
7. Where does Leigh buy a black lunch box?
at the mall
at the neighbor's
8. Who was the first person Leigh showed his
burglar alarm to?
9. Who tells Leigh he would like an alarm like he
has to put on his bedroom door?
10. Why does Leigh not consider himself medium
He has a
paying attention to him and the alarm he made.
His teacher is paying
attention to him.
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2019 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."