1. Leigh went for a walk to the Butterfly trees
when he was feeling rotten. What do you do when you feel very
badly about someone or something?
Possible Answer: When I am angry or mad I like to go into my
fort. It is a very quiet place to be. I can think
there. It is a special place because I built it with my two best
2. Leigh's father has a hard time expressing his
feelings. What would have you written on the postcard if you were
Possible Answer: I think I would have written something
kinder. I would have said that I know how Leigh feels about losing
his dog Bandit. I would have also said I was sorry for not paying
closer attention to him.
3. Why is Leigh so upset that the man at the
hardware store calls him son?
Possible Answer: He is angry because a stranger calls him
son. He really wants his dad to call him son, instead of
4. Why did Mr. Fridley tell Leigh that he has to
Possible Answer: I think he said that because he noticed Leigh
was sad lately.
5. Do you think Leigh will catch the lunchbox
Possible Answer: I think he will because he made such a great