1. Why do Leigh and his mother live in a really
little house that is sort of falling apart?
with his grandparents.
is what they can afford.
They are saving their
money for a trip.
2. What is near the small house Leigh and his
mother live in?
3. Why doesn't Leigh have any pets?
His mom is
allergic to them.
dad took his dog Bandit when his parents got divorced.
He doesn't like
4. What do the kids in Leigh's new school pay
what books Leigh reads
5. Leigh likes Mr. Fridley the custodian.
What is a custodian?
who takes care of the school.
is another word for principal.
A person who is a
school police officer.
6. Leigh's father does not call him by his
name. What does he call him?
7. What reason does Leigh give to Mr. Henshaw for
being rude in the December 1st letter ?
didn't send the support payment.
dad didn't call him in a month.
His mother wouldn't
get the TV fixed.
8. Leigh realizes that he does like to
write. What does he plan to call the first book he writes?
9. Leigh has added the word halyard to his
vocabulary. What is the meaning of this word?
couch or bed usually made of netting or canvas
rope or or tackle for raising and lowering a flag
a rope or strap for
leading or tying an animal
10. Leigh receives a postcard from Mr. Henshaw.
What suggestion does he give to Leigh?
find another author to write to.
should write to his father.
He should keep a
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2019 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."