1. Do you agree with Mr. Potter's comment that
now Everest is as free as a bird, and now he will be happy?
2. What does Everest mean when he makes the
following comments? "Shot their bolt? Had their chips?
Turned their toes up? Popped their clogs?"
3. Do you think that Everest cares about Mr.
Potter? Give reasons for your answer.
4. Which of the two housekeepers who came to
interview for the job would you choose for Mr. Potter? Explain.
5. What did Mr. Potter mean when he told the
second person who came to interview for the job to "Go and make
sheep's eyes at someone else?"