3. At what age did Mr. Popper enter his first pet
4. For what reason was Mr. Popper upset with the
he called him a silly fool.
laughed at him.
He wouldn't wait on
5. Why do you think the shopkeeper said the mynah
bird is a wonderful mimic?
bird comes from India.
mynah bird imitates the words of others.
A mynah bird is a good
pet to have.
6. How did Mr. Popper plan to educate the bird to
say nice things?
bird would learn by listening to the radio.
bird would learn by watching TV.
The bird would learn
7. Why does Mr. Potter believe the purchase may
have been a bad bargain?
hundred dollars was too much to pay.
believes the bird will be rude forever.
The bird flew out the
8. For what reason did Mr. Potter decide to name
the bird Everest?
It was the
name of the greatest of Indian hills - the highest mountain in the
He thought it
was the perfect name for a bad-tempered bird because his neighbor's
name was Everest.
He couldn't think of
any other name.
9. Mr. Potter discovered the reason for the
bird's rudeness. Which of the following reasons is correct?
to return to India.
was lonesome and wanted a friend.
It wanted a little bit
10. What unfortunate thing happens at the end of
bird escapes through a window.
The bird bites Mr.
The bird and Mr.
Popper begin to trust each other.
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2019 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."