1. Who is lecturing to Fudge about myna birds at
the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. What does Peter find himself "caught in
the middle of" in this chapter?
Jimmy and Uncle
two best friends
3. What was the reason Mom made a side dish of
peas for supper?
would not stay for supper.
always made peas when they had spaghetti.
She didn't have any
4. Why is Peter relieved to see that Fudge's
letter to Santa is only scribbling?
worried Fudge might be writing about him.
worried Fudge might be a writer like his dad.
He's worried Fudge
might be a genius.
5. Why didn't Daniel write a letter to Santa?
Jewish and celebrates Hanukkah.
He doesn't believe in
6. What reason does Jimmy Fargo give for liking
the game of hockey?
joining a team.
read all about it.
He thinks its violent.
7. Why did Jimmy tell Peter pay close attention
to his parents?
for signs of divorce.
watch for signs of happiness.
So he could sneak out
of the house when they weren't looking.
8. What is a catastrophe?
a perfect day
9. Who saw Brian Tumkin's friend Uriah?
of the children in the auditorium
10. What is a chalk talk?
when someone writes on a board with chalk.
It's when an artist
draws a picture of a person who's posing.
It's when someone
describes a person and another person draws the person being
11. What does Peter believe is the worst part
12. Why is it not a good idea to bring mayonnaise
on a picnic?
gets warm it can give you food poisoning.
It will melt all over
It is too expensive.
13. Who suggested that Fudge and Daniel's
bicycles be taken away for punishment?
Mr. and Mrs. Hatcher
14. What did Peter decide not to tell his family
knew Tootsie was saying yuck all day.
That he knew his dad
was going to go back to advertising.
That he was lonely.
15. What does Peter realize when his parents
announce that the family will be moving back to New York?
realizes he likes Princeton better than New York City.
He realizes he will
He realizes that
there's no place like New York.
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2020 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."