1. As Chapter 7 begins who do the children
believe the man in the window looks like?
2. What time of day do the children plan to go
ghost hunting at Aunt Matilda's?
3. What was strange about the way the wind was
whistling as they entered the house?
whistling the song "Yankee Doodle."
was whistling like a piano.
It was whistling
"The Star Spangled Banner."
4. What reason did Eddie give for not wanting to
go in and check on his aunt?
she would yell at him for waking her up.
said she wouldn't be afraid of anything.
He said she might be
in her underwear.
5. What reason does Aunt Matilda give for not
wanting anyone to call her a doctor?
afford a doctor.
afraid of doctors.
Uncle Jasper will take
care of her.
6. What occurs as Chapter 10 begins?
go out in Aunt Matilda's house.
Matilda's house is struck by lightning.
The children lock Aunt
Matilda's house and go home.
7. What strange thing do the children notice as
they go up to the attic?
is very dusty.
lights are on.
The wind is blowing
8. Why didn't the hat fit Eddie?
something under the lining.
was too big.
It was torn in two.
9. Why does Liza believe they will not find Uncle
believe in ghosts.
think there is a ghost.
She believes the wrong
has been righted.
10. What reason does Howie give for there not
being a ghost?
that ghosts don't eat potato chips.
He said he still
doesn't believe in ghosts.
He said he scared the
11. Chapter 12 is called
"Coincidence?" What is a coincidence?
together with solid impact.
Two things that happen
at the same time by accident but seem to have some connection.
To move suddenly
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2020 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."