1. What two characters are heading to Aunt
Matilda's house as the story begins?
Eddie and his mom
2. How does the author describe the color of Aunt
It was the
color of old pears.
was as white as a ghost.
It was pink.
3. What was the name of Aunt Matilda's dead
4. What did Howie see looking out of Aunt
Matilda's attic window?
He saw a
dog looking out of the window.
saw Aunt Matilda looking out of the window.
He saw a man looking
out of the window.
5. What word did Howie's potato chips spell?
6. What two characters are introduced in Chapter
Liza and Melanie
7. Who does one of the girls suggest the boys
8. What is the legend behind Aunt Matilda's
was killed in her house many years ago.
are seen at all hours of the night.
Weird things happen at
all hours of the light.
9. Why did Aunt Matilda spit out the casserole?
beans in it and she did not like beans.
tasted like it was rotten.
It was cold and needed
to be heated up.
10. What card game does Aunt Matilda want to play
with the children?
11. Why was Aunt Matilda's kitchen filled with
casserole was burning.
A ghost had started a
The furnace had
12. Where does Aunt Matilda send the children to
get her something to eat?
the grocery store
a fast food joint
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2020 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."