1. What were the Comanche watching and waiting
for after the hard winter was over?
waiting for the chiefs to return.
were waiting for the healing rains to come.
They were waiting for
the trees to blossom.
2. What is the name of the girl who holds a
warrior doll in her lap?
3. Who went to the top of the hill to listen for
the words of the Great Spirits?
4. What reason do the Great Spirits give to
explain the lack of the healing rains?
have become selfish and have taken from the Earth without giving
clouds contain no rain.
The rivers have dried
5. What must the People do to restore life to the
Earth and to the People?
dig deep into the earth for water.
must make a burnt offering.
They must not plant
6. What valued possession is the girl willing to
give to the Great Spirits?
7. What did she do with the ashes of her valued
scattered them to the North and the East, the South and the West.
buried them in a shallow grave.
She put them in a
8. What did the People believe the blue flowers
were a sign of?
9. What new name does the little girl become
known by at the end of the book?
10. In what state does this story take place?
11. What is a bluebonnet?
12. Which of the following facts is NOT true?
book is about how the bluebonnet came to be.
This book is about a
little girl who make a sacrifice.
This book is about a
little girl likes to play tricks on others.
13. Why was the little girl in this story all
away from her parents.
Her family had died in
Her family had been
shot and killed by the white men.
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2020 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."