1. Why do you think drought and famine are
hardest on the very young and the very old?
2. The little girl in this story made a big
sacrifice. Write about a time you have made a big sacrifice and
tell why you did so?
3. Make a list of words that describe the little
girl in this story?
4. On the last page "Author's Notes"
you learn about why the flowers were called bluebonnets? Do you
agree or disagree with this explanation? Why?
5. Tomi DePaola is the author and illustrator of
this story. Do you like the story or the illustrations