1. Grandfather tells Thomas a story because they
can't read or watch TV. What is something you have done when the
lights have gone out?
2. Why do you think Thomas found it hard to
believe his grandfather had ever been a boy?
3. What are some sounds you hear at night when
you cannot sleep?
4. Do you think Grandfather knew that Thomas was
afraid of storms? Why?
5. Grandfather explains that it is perfectly
natural to be afraid of the dark? Name something else that is
perfectly natural to be afraid of and explain why you believe this.