1. Who is the main character in this book going
to sit in a big rocking chair with when he is old with him?
2. Where will they go fishing?
In an old
pond with flat rocks all around.
In a river with flat
rocks all around.
3. Where will they play cards all day?
Underneath the old
tree by the road.
4. What will they find in the old cedar chest?
5. When might they cry together?
sing old songs.
As they look at old
6. What will they only eat for breakfast?
7. What do they plan to see on a road trip?
8. When the trip is over what do they plan to do?
pictures of New York, so they'll never forget it.
the ocean as far as they can, so they'll never forget it.
Buy a baseball cap.
9. As they ride together on the tractor what will
remember when a field was a forest.
will remember when cows used to graze there.
They will remember
planting corn in the field.
10. At the end of their walk what will they do?
will eat popcorn.
They will sit down in rocking
They will go for
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2019 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."