1. Who did Tommy and his family go visit every
Sunday when he was a little boy?
grandmother and grandfather.
His grandmother and
2. Where were the candy mints located?
sewing box on the dresser.
the kitchen cupboard.
Under the bed.
3. Who did Nana Downstairs tie to a big Morris
4. What was Tommy talking about when he said
"Now make the cow's tail?"
talking about Nana Downstair's hair.
was talking about a ribbon.
He was talking about
Nana Upstair's hair.
5. What did Tommy's older brother say that Nana
Upstairs looked like with her hair all down around her shoulders?
6. Who took movies of the whole family?
7. How does Tommy's mother explain what died
that Nana Upstairs has gone to heaven.
means that Nana Upstairs won't be here anymore.
It means that Nana
Upstairs will be buried in the ground.
8. Tommy's mother explained to him that Nana
Upstairs can come back
in his dreams.
when he looks at
pictures and movies of Nana.
9. What did Tommy see out of his bedroom window
He saw his
He saw the moon.
He saw a star fall
from the sky.
10. How did Mother explain what Tommy saw?
said it might be a kiss from Nana Upstairs.
She said it was Nana
Upstairs smiling at him.
She said it was a
beautiful sight to see.
11. Who dies a long time later when Tommy is
12. When does Tommy think to himself, "Now
they are both Nana Upstairs?"
looks at the movies.
When he sees another
star gently fall through the sky.
When Nana downstairs
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2020 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."