1. Why did Allashua not did not listen to her
mother when she told her not to go fishing in the ocean?
Possible Answer: I think she really wanted to go fishing.
She wanted to do this more than anything else. That is why she
2. What would you have done if you were
Allashuanot? Would you have listened. Why or why not?
Possible Answer: I think I would have done the same thing as
she did. I would have thought my mom was just making the story
up. I wouldn't have been scared because I would have wanted to go
fishing and catch fish.
3. Why do you think Allashuanot's mother began
Possible Answer: I think she was dancing so she could get the
Qallupilluit to pay attention to something else.
4. What lesson can be learned from the book A
Promise is a Promise?
Possible Answer: I think the lesson is that you should listen
to your mother even when you don't want to.
5. Do you like the ending of this book?
Possible Answer: I did like the ending. It was
happy. I like happy endings. I also think Allashuanot
learned a big lesson.