1. Why did Mrs. Mallard not like the places Mr.
Mallard found for them to live?
no water nearby.
were foxes in the woods and turtles in the water.
There was no food.
2. Where did Mr. and Mrs. Mallard stop because
they were too tired to fly any further?
stopped at a pond in Public Garden.
stopped under a bridge.
They stopped at a
river in Public Garden.
3. What was the strange and enormous bird pushing
as it passed the mallards while they were searching for food?
A log with
turtles sitting on it.
canoe full of people who threw peanuts to the mallards.
A swan boat full of
people who threw peanuts to the mallards.
4. What place did Mrs. Mallard tell Mr. Mallard
would be a good place to build a nest?
a place under the bridge.
liked the river in Public Garden.
She liked the pond in
5. What horrid thing rushed by the mallards and
changed Mrs. Mallard's mind about where to build a nest?
a boy on a
a policeman on a
a fire truck
6. What river looked the the right place to hatch
7. Why would the ducks be unable to fly?
molting which means their feathers were dropping out.
were very tired.
They were sick.
8. Michael fed the mallards peanuts every
day. Who was Michael?
a old man
9. Why was Mrs. Mallard not able to go visit
laid eight eggs.
broke her leg.
She was too scared.
10. Who were the first ducks out of the eggs?
Mack, Pack, Quack
Mack, Nack, Quack,
Jack, Kack, Lack, Mack
11. Who decided to take a trip to see what the
rest of the river was like?
the eight ducklings
12. What things with wheels did Mrs. Mallard
teach the ducklings to keep a safe distance from?
cars and trucks
bikes and cars
13. Who helped Mrs. Mallard and the ducklings
cross the busy street?
little boy on a bike
Mike the Policeman
14. What did Mike the Policeman ask for when he
asked for a police car.
He asked for a big
He asked for a gun.
15. At what location did Mrs. Mallard and her
ducklings arrive safely at?
the police station
16. Who was waiting for them when they arrived?
Mike the Policeman
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2020 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."