4. Who was the first person to teach her sister
to say words like ball and dog?
5. What does her sister bring her when she asks
for her pajamas?
6. The girl tells her friends that her little
sister's ears do not hurt. What does get hurt?
sister's feelings get hurt.
Her mother gets hurt.
7. How does her deaf sister know if the radio is
touches it with her hand.
She sees if it is
8. What will her little sister never know?
telephone is ringing or if someone is knocking at the door.
supper is ready.
When it is time to go
9. What does her deaf sister not hear that she is
10. Her sister can talk in a hoarse, gentle voice
on a piece of paper.
with her fingers.
sing a song.
11. What does it mean to be deaf?
You cannot see.
You cannot speak.
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2020 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."