1. Where have the fathers been working for ten
In the mines.
In the city.
2. What do the children do with the water?
They carry it.
They wash in it.
3. What hymn do the children sing in school?
fathers are coming home today."
4. Zola plays a guitar. Sipho plays a
drum. What does Nomsa play?
can with pebble in it.
A guitar like Zola.
5. What does Mr. Sisulu do?
his store and plays his drum.
goes to the store.
He makes a drum.
6. It is dark now. Who is still waiting?
Six boys and girls.
7. Mother comes to the crossroads when it is very
dark? What does she bring?
8. What do the children do to keep Zolani awake?
him food to eat.
sing to him.
They tell him stories.
9. What animal do the children hear in the
10. What does Mr. Sisulu tell the children?
should go home now."
will be home soon."
"It's a long way
from the mines."
11. How do the children feel when their fathers
are very happy and sing, "Our fathers are home."
They are very tired.
They are scared
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2020 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."