3. What part of the tree did the little boy swing
4. When the little boy was tired where did he
in his bed
in the shade
5. When was the tree often alone?
boy was older.
When it died.
6. Why did the boy not want to climb the trunk,
and swing from the branches of the tree?
He was too
He was sad.
He didn't like the
7. What did the boy gather from the tree to sell?
8. What did the boy want for a wife and children?
to be happy.
the tree's apples.
He wanted a house.
9. What part of the tree did the boy use to make
himself a boat?
10. What did the tree give to the boy at the end
of the book?
to sit down and rest upon.
branches to swing on
11. How did the tree feel at the end of the
tree was very, very sad.
The tree was happy.
The tree did not feel
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Tests for Children in all Subject Areas. If you have found an error or would like to make comments on this lesson,
please email us at:
Copyright 1999-2019 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved. Lessons & Tests in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with
performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate
usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."